Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween

Kids taking over the streets, fueled by high fructose corn syrup. Leaves blowing through the yards, the scent of winter coming on strong. I love that halloween feeling. The fact that you can go to any random person's house and they give you candy. Just like that. All you have to do is dress up and yell "trick or treat!" when you get to the door. It's nice to know that I live in such a safe town where nothing would happen if I went into a certain neighborhood for candy and it's okay to walk around in the dark. It gives the town a good connected feeling. Even though we are about 30,000 people, it seems so small on halloween because the whole town takes part in celebrating it. Also, halloween is awesome because of all the candy. I love candy, the sweet, the sour, and the chocolatey. Yummmm. After halloween, I have a full candy bowl for months, and even after that I'm forced to throw it all away because it gets stale. The best feeling is when you reach a house and the owner pulls out a huge bowl of king-sized bars. You feel so successful and happy all at the same time. I know it seems weird for me to know this feeling given I am 15 years old, but it still gets me every year, that good ol' halloween feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment